Donald R. Ryan Associated Students Endowment
Opportunity name: Donald R. Ryan Associated Students Endowment
Minimum qualifications: To provide scholarships for first-time frosh, transfer, and graduate students with at least a high school equivalent, transfer or demonstration in all undergraduate work of at least a cumulative GPA of 3.50. Applicants who have demonstrated participation in leadership activities (such as Academic Senate, student government, university committees or auxiliary boards) will be given preference, with financial need a secondary consideration. Students receiving the scholarship are encouraged to continue to participate in leadership activities while at SJSU.
College and Department: Campus wide
Number of awards and award amount: $2000
Application dates: Application available January – May 1 to be awarded for following academic year
Major: Open to all majors
Class level: First time frosh, transfer, and graduate students
Enrollment requirement: At least half-time enrollment
Financial need: yes, as a secondary consideration
GPA requirement: >=3.5
Preference given to:
- Leadership in student government (as compared to other types of leadership)
- Highest reviewer scores*
- Highest GPAs
- Expected Family Contribution (as determined by FAFSA): $0 – $10000
- Participation in extracurricular activities
- Enrollment level: Full-time (12+ units for undergrad; 8+ units for graduate) # Cumulative GPA: > 3.5
*Applications are reviewed by a committee and scored based on answers provided by the applicant. Each answer is reviewed for:
• relevance to the question
• spelling, grammar, and college level writing
Scholarship winners will be notified by email no later than September 1.
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe your participation in student leadership activities. Include your definition of leadership and how it has impacted your academic career.