Louie Barozzi Scholarship - International Student
This scholarship honors the memory of Louie Barozzi, past director of the International Programs and Services Office.
- Academic Excellence: 3.70 cumulative GPA or above for F-1 International Students
- International Student Status: Must be a currently enrolled full-time F-1 student and have maintained legal F-1 status. Also, must have been enrolled as a full-time* student at SJSU during the prior Fall and current Spring semesters. (*12+ units as an undergraduate student; 8+ units as a graduate student. No concurrent enrollment or reduced course load petition during the prior Fall or current Spring semesters).
- Student Life: students who demonstrate an active participation in on-campus events and organizations.
- Community Service: students who can prove to be active in community service (anywhere in the world) and can demonstrate its strong, positive values.
1 scholarship is for an international undergraduate student and 1 scholarship is for an international graduate student.
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you an International Student in F-1 status?
- We are interested in learning more about your active participation in on-campus and community organizations anywhere in the world, including community service. Is there anything else you would like to share about your campus and community engagement that you did not list in the General Application or would like to expand upon? Please explain here.
- Recipients of the Louie Barozzi International Scholarship are expected to promote international education and exchange, contributing to the internationalization of SJSU. Activities may include, but are not limited to: speaking to students and groups, tabling, participating in student information meetings and other promotional events, and posting or creating promotional materials. Describe how you would like to promote international education and exchange at SJSU and identify any skills you possess that would help you successfully carry out this obligation.