Les Francis Scholarship for Civic Education
The Les Francis Scholarship for Civic Education was created by Les Francis and endowed by Mr. Francis and his many friends, admirers, and fellow political consultants. The scholarship is intended to support prospective (or current) teachers of high school civics/social sciences.
- Matriculated student at SJSU majoring in one of the College of Social Sciences programs
- Either a current teacher or an intention to become a teacher of high school civics/social sciences
- Financial need as determined through the FAFSA
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.5
- College of Social Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Please describe your career objectives and how this scholarship would assist your career in teaching high school civics or social sciences.
- Please upload a writing sample that you feel best exemplifies your writing abilities (at least 3 pages in length).
- Are you currently a teacher or do you intend to become a teacher of high school civics/social sciences?
- What is your anticipated graduation date (term/year)?
- Which SJSU professor has been most influential to you? Briefly explain why.