Heidi Westmoreland Endowed Teaching Scholarship
The Westmoreland Scholarship is intended to provide scholarships to talented teacher candidates or a practicing teacher with a passion for teaching learning and commitment to teaching students in high-needs schools.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Minimum part-time enrollment (undergrad/credential 6 units; graduate 3 units)
- Teacher Education credential student
- Qualifies for Financial Aid and/or
– First generation college student and/or
– Student from an unrepresented group in teaching
- One letter of recommendation from a person who is knowledgeable of the candidate and his or her work with children. The letter should specifically address the candidate’s strengths (or potential strengths) in teaching.
The student who receives this scholarship must also write a thank you note to the donor.