Dean's Study Abroad and International Field Work Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to high-achieving undergraduate or graduate students studying or conducting research outside the United States. It was established through a gift from the Estate of J.B.S. Johnson. Eligibility:
- Matriculated student at SJSU majoring in one of the College of Social Sciences programs
- Upper-division standing (60 units or more) and have completed at least one semester at SJSU
- Studying or conducting research or fieldwork outside of the United States
- Financial need as determined through the FAFSA
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and minimum major GPA of 3.5
- College of Social Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Please describe the international opportunity, your role, and how this experience will contribute to your success at SJSU and/or future goals.
- Which SJSU professor has been most influential to you? Briefly explain why.
- What is your anticipated graduation date (term/year)?
- Please provide a confidential Letter of Recommendation by emailing your reference. Enter the name and email of your reference AFTER asking that person if they would like to be a reference for you. The system will email your reference and provide the opportunity for them to submit a letter of recommendation electronically. You will not be able to view this document. You can verify the status of your requested references by clicking "References" on your home page.