Howard H. Gerrish Memorial Endowment
Opportunity name: Howard H. Gerrish Memorial Endowment
Minimum qualifications: Applicants need to be Technology Majors and need to obtain a recommendation letter from a Technology Department Faculty member.
College and Department: Aviation and Technology
Number of awards and award amount: 1 award, amount varies
Application dates: January – April 1
Major: Technology Majors
Class level: All students
Enrollment requirement: Half-time students (6 units or more per semester).
Financial need: None
GPA requirement: None
Preference given to:
*Applications are reviewed by a committee and scored based on answers provided by the applicant. Each
answer is also reviewed for:
- Higher GPAs
- Highest reviewer scores*
- Established financial need
- Participation in extracurricular activities
- Participation in department outreach
- relevance to the question
- spelling, grammar, and college level writing
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe your involvement with organizations and/or external activities in which you participated (include department activities such as Open Houses and outreach), and served on leadership roles
- Describe how you became interested in the field of your major. What are your goals and aspirations for your future career?
- How are your studies financed? What effect will receipt of this scholarship have on these efforts?
- Provide ONE confidential letter of recommendation from a Technology department faculty member. Enter the name and email of your reference AFTER asking that person if they would like to be a reference for you. The system will email your reference and provide the opportunity for them to submit a letter of recommendation electronically. You will not be able to view this document. You can verify the status of your requested references by clicking "References" on your home page.