Dean's Study Abroad and International Field Work Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to high-achieving undergraduate or graduate students studying or conducting research outside the United States. It was established through a gift from the Estate of J.B.S. Johnson. Eligibility:
- Matriculated student at SJSU majoring in one of the College of Social Sciences programs
- Upper-division standing (60 units or more) and have completed at least one semester at SJSU
- Studying or conducting research or fieldwork outside of the United States
- Financial need as determined through the FAFSA
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- College of Social Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- This scholarship is for College of Social Sciences students studying or conducting research outside the United States. Please describe the international opportunity, your role, and how this experience will contribute to your success at SJSU and/or future goals.
- Which SJSU professor has been most influential to you? Briefly explain why. (40 word max)
- List the name and email address of a faculty that could potentially be contacted as a reference. Do not ask them to write letters on your behalf at this time. Instead, ask them for permission to list their name on this form before submitting it. The Scholarship Review Committee will contact the suggested faculty for a reference if you are a finalist. The person you select should be someone who knows you and can speak about your abilities and strengths.