LA Tutors Innovation in Education Scholarship
At LA Tutors, we believe that it’s more than just the grades that make a great well-rounded student. Each one of you is creative in his or her own way: some of you blog; others curate documentary photography on Instagram; still others find imaginative ways to solve problems in their public and private lives. Creativity is the air each one of us breathes, but sometimes we get so concerned with grades that we forget that imagination is our natural problem solver.
One way to showcase your creativity is to innovate either by solving a problem, by designing something that helps others solve problems, or by enhancing our relationship with whatever matters to us. Innovation is what brings our technical skills and our hopes together in unique ways.
It also provides opportunities for gaining real-working experience in a chosen field, and gives students the chance to connect with adults outside their circle who might be able to help students get into their top choice college or get an internship. In the end, innovation makes people look at the bigger picture, which is the best preparation for college and for life.
We at LA Tutors are passionate about sparking the creative genius in students and would love to commend those outstanding students who have a made a difference in the lives of others in some innovative or technological fashion. In order to achieve this, we have established a scholarship for students who meet certain criteria.
- Must currently be enrolled as a high school or college/university student within the United States or Canada.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Must be a citizen of, permanent resident of, or hold a valid student visa in the United States or Canada.
- Must have designed an innovative project that makes a difference in the lives of others (This could be a website, series of blogs, an app, fundraising event, etc.)
- Must submit an essay describing the goal of the particular project and provide supporting documentation.
- The essay, idea, or creation must be the applicant’s original work.
- All submissions must be uploaded no later than 11:59 pm PST on the 20th of each month. The submission window closes starting the 21st and will reopen on the 1st at 8:00 a.m.
- Scholarship winners will be contacted via email and must respond within five(5) days of the date of the email to accept the award. If no response is received within this time, another recipient will be selected.