Kisling, Nestico & Redick, Don't Text and Drive Scholarship
Texting while driving contributes to nearly 25 percent of all automobile accidents each year.
- According to data from the National Safety Council, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, and various university studies on the subject.
At KNR, we are committed to combatting texting while driving. The fight starts by raising awareness of the risks associated with distracted driving. We are proud to announce the KNR Don’t Text & Drive Scholarship, which awards $5,000 to a student pursuing higher-education who can come up with a plan to persuade young adults to avoid texting while driving.
In order to be eligible for the KNR Don’t Text & Drive Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Be accepted to or currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate program within the United States.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate good character and high initiative.
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- A completed application form.
- A current high school, college, or graduate school transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable).
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or faculty member.
Applicants will be required to develop a plan that will persuade young adults from texting and driving. The plan can be very open-ended. Applicants can make videos, submit strategies, or be as creative as they’d like to convey their ideas.