2020 Bill King Scholarship
The Oakland Athletics Community Fund will award one scholarship to an undergraduate college student that is majoring in journalism or broadcasting; the scholarship will be given for the 2019-2020 school year. This $5,000 scholarship is intended for qualified tuition or required expenses such as fees, books, supplies and equipment for courses of instruction at a qualified educational institution. This scholarship has been established in memory of Bill King, long-time legendary Bay Area Sports Announcer. The purpose of this scholarship is to support a student who plans to pursue a career in journalism or broadcasting.
Student applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be a full-time student in your freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior year at a college or
University in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• Prove financial need, as evidenced by expenses and offset by other scholarships, loans,
grants and other sources of supplemental aid.
• Possess a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
• Show a demonstrated strong interest in pursuing a career in broadcasting or journalism.
Each student must submit the following information to complete this application:
• A Bill King College Scholarship form (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the form).
• A 2-3 page essay explaining why you are a deserving Bill King Scholarship candidate taking into consideration academic achievement and career goals.
• Two letters of recommendations from non-relatives. One must be from a broadcast or journalism faculty member.
• Official transcript from each college attended.
If you are interested in the scholarship, email email@example.com and we can give you the copy of the application so you can see the details and submit your application.