Thomas E. Leonard Aviation Scholarship
Opportunity name: Thomas E. Leonard Aviation Scholarship
Minimum qualifications: Applicants need to have completed all lower division aviation coursework plus at least 6 units of upper division technical or management-oriented aviation courses. Applicants must have demonstrated leadership in at-least one on-campus organization (preferably within the Aviation program). The scholarship provides an opportunity to attend the UAA Aviation Policy Seminar in Washington D.C. held every January. The scholarship is awarded in the form of a reimbursement of expenses to attend the conference.
College and Department: Aviation and Technology
Number of awards and award amount: 1 award, amount varies
Application dates: January – April 1
Major: Aviation Majors
Class level: Upper Division students
Enrollment requirement: Half-time students (6 units or more per semester).
Financial need: None
GPA requirement: None
Preference given to:
*Applications are reviewed by a committee and scored based on answers provided by the applicant. Each
answer is also reviewed for:
- Higher GPAs
- Highest reviewer scores*
- Participation in extracurricular activities
- Participation in department outreach
- relevance to the question
- spelling, grammar, and college level writing
- Supplemental Questions
- This scholarship is only offered to students who have completed all lower division aviation coursework plus at least 6 units of upper division technical or management-oriented aviation courses.
- Describe your involvement with organizations and/or external activities in which you participated (include department activities such as Open Houses and outreach), and served on leadership roles
- Describe how you became interested in the field of your major. What are your goals and aspirations for your future career?
- How are your studies financed? What effect will receipt of this scholarship have on these efforts?
- Describe your interest in Aviation Policy and your desire to become a leader in management and/or regulatory settings related to the Aviation world.