Jim Sanders Media and Leadership Scholarship
The Jim Sanders Media and Leadership Scholarship is to honor and support the leaders of today and tomorrow among the CSU student population. The media industries are changing and as the continued gatekeepers of information, the industries need people to lead, take risks, be creative, have a sense of humor, be intelligent, and challenge the status quo.
One $2500 scholarship will be awarded across all the CSU’s for each academic year.
- Students must have an interest in journalism, news media, or communication.
- Students must aspire to a career in news media, but can be interested in any aspect of the industry including engineering, sales, production (audio, video and sound editing, etc.), graphic design, human resources, etc.
- Students must be currently enrolled or be entering their first semester as a student at a CSU campus.
- Students must express current leadership qualities or the desire to be a leader in journalism, media, or communication.
This scholarship is a CSU systemwide scholarship.
The Jim Sanders Scholarship requires the following:
• Two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from an instructor who taught the student.
• A brief personal statement that explains why the student wants to pursue a career in journalism, media, or communication and how they perceive themselves as a leader.